A report by Reed Job Index has indicated a positive and dramatic uplift in the number of part time jobs available in the UK over the last year. The figures released by reed.co.uk have identified a 44% increase in part-time job vacancies in comparison to this time last year.
Key findings include:
- Year-on-year growth across every UK region during July
- A UK-wide growth in vacancies by 35% compared to July 2013
- A 77% growth in job vacancies in the Transport and Logistics sector making it the fastest growing sector
- A 75% growth in job vacancies in the Motoring and Automotive sector
- Engineering saw a year-on-year growth of 68%
Chairman of reed.co.uk, James Reed, commented on these changes:
“This dramatic increase in the volume of part-time vacancies is very encouraging for jobseekers and businesses alike. A business ramping up through part-time roles suggests a gradual and cautious approach to staffing, maintaining flexibility while still focused on job creation. Overall, it’s a very buoyant labour market.”
At Simplyco we understand that flexibility is key and part-time work can give you the opportunity to earn money but still do the things you love. We offer a straight-forward service that helps you out with things like tax, accounts and invoices to give you even more free time. We’re here to give you a life less complicated.
For more information or to speak to a member of our team please contact us on 01900 848 440 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, get in touch with us via our Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+ pages.
Comments are closed.