What is an umbrella company?
An umbrella company is a business that employs people who carry out short and medium term assignments for a variety of recruitment agencies or end clients.
The umbrella company employs you and operates PAYE (pay as you earn) tax and National Insurance.
Who is it for?
Agency workers, contractors and freelancers who undertake frequent assignments at temporary workplaces. It is a good option for people who wish to be paid under PAYE rules and value the advantages that permanent employment brings.
As part of Simplyco Umbrella, you’ll enjoy all the usual statutory rights you’d expect from a permanent role. You become one of our employees. We agree a separate contract with the client or agency.
What you’ll get:
- Employed status with PAYE being operated
- Freedom to work with a number of agencies or companies
- Direct payment into your bank account by BACS
- Pay slips emailed straight to your inbox
- Text alerts to let you know you’ve been paid
- Covered by our public liability and professional indemnity insurance
- Dedicated HR and Payroll teams, on hand to answer any questions
- Improved credit score thanks to continuity of employment
Our retained margin
We’ll only retain £15 from every weekly timesheet processed. This is a fixed amount and will not go up with the amount on the timesheet.
Want to know more? Call us on 01900 898440 or complete our online application form.